Monday, July 1, 2013

Inspiration + D.I.Y Lace Flower Necklace

Hey there! Ok. I am so excited to do this post because I have been working on this for a long time! I got this idea from Little Miss Momma. (click for original tutorial.) Be sure to check out her website...it's great!
Ok, so first of all, I have a little inspiration to share with you. Today's inspiration comes from Proverbs 29:25. It says:
"Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting in the LORD means safety."
That's something to think about for today. Our self worth shouldn't come from other people's opinions of us...it should come from our trust in the Lord. We should trust in God so much that we don't have that "I'm not as good as them" mentality. This is definitely something I could work on.


D.I.Y Lace Necklace

Well...without further ado....D.I.Y. Lace necklace from Little Miss Momma! I was so excited when I saw this post on her blog because this necklace doesn't look homemade. It looks like something you might buy at a small boutique downtown. It can go with almost anything. When I made my first one, my sisters and my mom were like "oooo make us one!" The best thing about this necklace is that it's easy. It takes about 15 minutes total (including clean-up and set-up).
Here's what you will need for this tots adorbs necklace:
Lace ( the kind in those picture works best.)
Pearl beads or other embellishments 
Scissors
Scraps of Felt
Marker
Glue gun
Circle Template (optional)
1. Trace two large circles and one small circle or two small circles and one large circle onto the felt. The circle that isn't the same size as the others will go in the middle.
2. (The picture explains it) Just to this until your flower is created

3. Add a dot of glue in the center of the flower and place the pearl/embellishment in it.
4. Once you have all three flowers made, lay them face down on a piece of felt like shown. Trace it with a marker. Cut it out.

5. Now you'll want to glue the chain halves to the two outside flowers. (The two big ones/small ones) After you glue it, glue the flowers in place on the felt and trim off any excess felt.


Viola! You have a beautiful, adorable, gorgeous, wearable necklace! I made three because I loved them so much! You can pretty much wear them with any outfit!

 They look great with a cardigan and t-shirt, and you can't go wrong with denim and lace:)




Here's an easy pin for Pinterest:
Thanks for reading!

Mwah! -Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment